This is the Boob or Bust Fit Check helper. If you haven’t already done it, please check the The Band Test first.
There are 2 main reasons for cups to gape :
- The Cups are too big
- The Cups are too tall
Although these aren’t always easy to distinguish there are some key things to check.
Are the cups too big?
It is unlikely this is your issue if you are
- Getting any back fat above the band
- Getting overspill under your arm
- Getting overspill at the gore (in a plunge bra)
The cups may be too big if
- You are getting folds in the fabric in the cup
- You aren’t filling the whole cup (not just the top 1/3rd – 1/2)
Are the cups too tall?
If you find you are getting any of the “unlikely” issues above, but also filling the cups without overspill, you may find the cups are too tall.
To get suggestions of bras to try, please post in the group with details of the bras you have found and any other fit issues you have noticed.